The Old Library by Lake Afton
46 West Afton Avenue
Yardley, PA 19067
(Click here for the lease agreement.)
The interior layout of the Old Library consists of one large room with a powder room.
Two 6' X 2.5' folding tables, eight card tables, and 50 folding chairs are available for event use.
Rules and Regulations
The Old Library by Lake Afton is an historical and aesthetic treasure that the Yardley Historical Association is pleased to share with you and the participants in your event. Please treat it as gently as its age and history demand.
- The Library may be used between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11p.m..
- Guests may park next door in the St. Andrew's Parking lot (with the Church's permission) or across the street in Buttonwood Park.
- The Library does not have cooking facilities or related equipment. Food and beverages may be brought into the building, but leftovers and trash must be removed at the end of the event.
- Nothing may be nailed, tacked, or taped to the walls, ceilings, windows, woodwork, or furniture.
- Tables and chairs may be moved to suit your event, but other pieces of furniture and office equipment may not. All tables and chairs must be returned to original places.
- The Library must be cleaned and ready for inspection no later than 11 a.m. of the day following the event.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Library.
- Cabinets, bookcases, and file cabinets contain the collections of the Yardley Historical Association. They may not be opened. No liquids shall be placed on the glassfront or file cabinets.
- No pets are permitted in the Library.
- Guest capacity is limited to no more than 55 persons.
The Yardley Historical Association charges fees for use of the Old Library by Lake Afton in order to defray costs for water, heat, electricity, insurance, and building maintenance.
||Yardley Borough and Lower Makefield Township non-profit and governmental agencies.
|$20.00 per hour:
||Other non-profit organizations
|$40.00 per hour:
||For-profit and commercial organizations
|$200.00 per day:
||Weddings and parties. This fee includes one showing of the facilities to the prospective lessee. Additional showings can be arranged for $25.00 each.
A $50 Compliance Fee is required of all users. This fee will be returned to the lessee after inspection by a Historical Association representative, if no damage or additional cleaning costs are required.
Click here for the lease agreement.